Annapolis Attorney

Hire a Top Maryland Lawyer

Annapolis Workers' Compensation Lawyer

Tips if injured on the job from an Annapolis MD Workers' Compensation Attorney

Tip no. 1. Use the official form. Workers Compensation Claims begin with a filing of a claim form. It has to contain the stamp of the Commission. The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission prints a form, which must be used and not copied. The medical authorization must be completed, signed, and dated on the back of the claim form. You will authorize certain disclosure of your medical information to all parties, including your employers' and workers compensation insurer. The address for mail is Workers' Compensation Commission, 10 East Baltimore St., Baltimore, MD 21202-1641. The toll free number is 1-800-492-0479. If you are unsure whether you have completed a form prepared at your employer's office, you may call the Commission, and by entering your social security number, you will receive a recorded list of all claims filed by date, and claim number.

Tip no. 2. The most important question on the form is the description of the accident on the claim form. (Question 31) In Maryland there must be an "Accident" on the job. The most obvious types of claim involve a slip, trip, or fall. Other accidents may involve something unusual regarding the type of work. Whether or not an incident constitutes an accident may depend on the nature of the injury and whether it can be proven to have been caused at work.

Tip no. 3. Your employer may suggest a clinic or physician for you to see. However it is your choice to select a physician.

Tip No. 4: Contact an attorney right away. He can organize your information and advise you of the best way to proceed. Your attorney will be at an advantage to be able to contact the doctors, hospitals and insurance adjusters about the initial aspects of your claim.

Send Christopher L. Beard an Email
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Popular Articles
No items found.